Brad Dickerson, MD, MMSc, FAAN
Director, Frontotemporal Disorders Unit
Massachusetts General Hospital
Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School
The DETECT TeleECHO Series connects specialists with on-the-ground community HCPs to educate them on best practices for managing patients with early cognitive impairment and Alzheimer’s disease. The program uses a case-based, interactive format designed to enhance clinician knowledge and improve their confidence in treating this population.
This enduring educational activity is designed to meet the educational needs of U.S.-based community healthcare providers who care for patients with AD, including primary care clinicians, neurologists, geriatricians, geriatric psychologists, psychiatrists, pharmacists, and managed care professionals.
Upon the completion of this program, attendees should be able to:
- Evaluate the burden of Alzheimer’s disease (AD), including the process of prolonged decline in cognitive function
- Use cognitive assessments, biomarkers and imaging to distinguish between normal aging and cognitive impairment
- Select and use the best therapeutic options for patients with AD based on up-to-date clinical data on established and emerging disease modifying therapies
- Employ best practices for multidisciplinary care coordination, workflows, and best practices for referral of patients
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
PHYSICIAN CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
Med Learning Group designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring activity.
JOINT ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and Med Learning Group. Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
NURSES (ANCC) CREDIT DESIGNATION
Amedco LLC designates this activity for a maximum of 1.0 ANCC contact hour.
DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in an MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
|Brad Dickerson, MD||Dr. Dickerson discloses that he receives royalty from Oxford University press, Cambridge University press, and Elsevier. He also receives consulting fees from Acadia, Alector, Arkuda, Biogen, Denali, Eisai, Genentech, Lilly, Merck, and Wave Lifesciences.|
All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM – Lead Nurse Planner
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff Planners and Managers
The staff, planners, and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they have with ineligible companies related to the content of this CME/CE activity:
- Matthew Frese, MBA, General Manager of Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Douglas Cox, MSN, MHA, RN– LNP, has nothing to disclose.
- Deb Gordon, MS, Medical Director for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Nicole Longo, DO, FACOI, VP of Med/Sci Services & Learner Engagement, has nothing to disclose.
- Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Accreditation and Outcomes for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Lisa Crenshaw, Senior Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Morgan Kravarik, Associate Program Manager for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
- Daniel Dasilva, Accreditation and Outcomes Coordinator, has nothing to disclose.
- Rashado Coote, Program Coordinator for Med Learning Group, has nothing to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and non-approved indications.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the enduring activity.
- Complete the online post-test and evaluation.
You will receive your certificate as a downloadable file.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are science based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to use this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME questions, please contact Med Learning Group at [email protected]
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at http://medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Please contact Med Learning Group prior to participating at [email protected]
Copyright © 2023 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.